Friday, December 16, 2016

Carrier Review: Garden of Eden Woven Wrap

Carrier Review: Garden of Eden Woven Wrap



          This month I had the opportunity to try out a gorgeous wrap from Fiola Handwovens called Garden of Eden. Fiola Handwovens is a brand of handwoven wraps from Gorham, Maine headed by Ardhyarini Hermawan. Garden of Eden is a size 6 wrap with shades of pink from top to bottom and has a very girly vibe to it. I got it on a Friday and was very happy to try it out immediately at home. At first touch it was very soft and cushy and I knew I wanted to get my baby up quickly to test it's support. Now it's December in the Philippines and usually the weather is cold already but after doing a quick FWCC I was sweating buckets already. But I did prove that GOE is very smooth and supportive even for my 20 month old boy. The only downside was that it was very heavy and very hot, even when we were in our air-conditioned room.

          The true test came the next day as I had a mommy-event to attend. I took GOE with us to test for a whole day affair. I found that outdoors, it was harder to maneuver, especially with back carries, which resulted in my haphazard and sloppy carry that day. Front carries were easier but still too warm for my liking. Breastfeeding in the carrier was good as it was very supportive but since it was a size 6, I always felt panicky that the tails would get dirty every time I unraveled it to feed my son.

          My husband tried to wear it once but quickly removed it saying he felt uncomfortable with the weight. I was okay with the weight but not the heat. That being said, I was still amazed at the sleep dust it had! it lulled my son to sleep for at least 2 hours while we walked around the mall. All in all I didn't experience much back ache or shoulder ache as the wrap was very soft and supportive but my clothes were drenched in sweat after using it.

          I would recommend this wrap to families in cold climate and those who love using long wraps. The look of it is very elegant and would suit those who need a carrier for formal occasions especially. For more information about this wrap and others from Fiola Handwovens you can check them out at their Facebook page here.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...