Sunday, July 2, 2017

Food-cart Review: Twister Shawarma

Food-cart Review: Twister Shawarma





          Who doesn't love a good shawarma? My husband got me hooked on them, so I jumped at the chance to review a food cart that promises a truly unique shawarma experience. I was invited last March 21st to the grand launch of Twister Shawarma at The Filipino Dream HQ in San Juan. I was introduced to Mr. Frederick Tan and Jojo, the brains behind the franchise. They told me their food cart will revolutionize the way of eating shawarma in the Philippines.









          The concept of Twister Shawarma is serving the shawarma with a side dish of pica-pica and a dip. They claim to use only Angus Beef (spelled Anggus). They have 9 variants of shawarma and 4 types of side dish.






          I tried out the Angus beef shawarma and mojos with thousand island dressing as the dip. I loved the shawarma but it wasn't rolled tightly and made eating very messy as it collapsed in my hand. perhaps it was because it was the first time they served it. The mojos were really good and could rival those of Shakey's or Fridays. What I didn't like was that the unique cup they purportedly have was just 2 cups stapled together. and since the smaller cup was heavier with the dip, it was quite unstable and wouldn't stand up on its own.




I have high hopes for this franchise as they truly serve delicious food for a food cart. All they need is to tweak the behind-the-scenes stuff like training their men (or women) to roll a shawarma properly and to make a stable cup. For more information on franchising, please contact Bee Enriquez via her Facebook Page and place on the subject line "Twister Shawarma Franchising MM".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...