Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Carrier Review: Kastle's Adarna

Carrier Review: Kastle's Adarna

     Kastle is local company that provides woven wraps made by weavers from the north and Kastle's first wrap is called Adarna, which looks as beautiful as the legendary bird that inspired it. My initial reaction when I opened the parcel was that it looked so much like my own Candy K from Little Snuggie Baby. But as I looked it over carefully, I could see the subtle differences in the rainbow pattern as well as the differences in the width of the colors. The wrap felt kinda rough to touch and when I tried a quick uppy, it didn't glide as much as I hoped it would. I immediately thought it needed more breaking in. So I kept it braided for the time I had it with me.







     I'd try it on everyday for the week it was with me, and I really found the feel of it to be a bit rough for my taste. I even brought it to a sling meet with some wrap mommies and the verdict was split. Half the mommies thought it was perfectly soft and easy to use and the other half thought it was too stiff and hard to knot. We all tried the easiest carry to test it out, FWCC (Front Wrap Cross Carry), and at the end of the day the votes remain as they were at the beginning: great wrap for beginners and good wrap for more experienced wrap users.





     What I love most about this wrap and any other wrap is the sleepy dust. Oodles and oodles of sleepy dust and our kids conked out as soon as we used it. The comfort factor was a bit lacking on my end but only because during back carries it becomes diggy after only half an hour. The longest carry I did was around 3 hours with Adarna. I could breastfeed in it quite easily as it's a long wrap and there won't be any complaints on that end. It's way easier to adjust the wrap to get the drop for breastfeeding and also easy to pull up your baby after a feed. I tried to get my hubby to use it but he had no patience for a long wrap and our son had no patience in my trying to wrap him up with his daddy so we all gave up on that end.






I really liked Adarna and would probably love it if it was softer or more broken in when I used it, thus I must say this wraps needs mondo breaking in before it would be considered as a staple wrap on my part. I would recommend this for for wrap mommas and papas who want a black weft with their rainbow (because it really does look amazeballs) and for those who want a long wrap in their stash. It really is a joy to look at and the pictures look amazing with this wrap. I hope to see more from Kastle with different blends in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...