Wednesday, April 5, 2017

24 months and counting...

24 months and counting...






          2 years ago today, I was 9 months pregnant and here at home watching Gandang Gabi Vice. I was laughing so hard at Vice Ganda and Coco Martin bantering onscreen that my water bag broke. Yes. My labor started because of laughter. I still took my time and showered, walked through the street construction outside the gate and endured a bumpy 20-minute ride to the hospital. I arrived at the hospital with 1-centimeter dilation. I went through hell for the next four hours. Retrospectively, it was a short labor but since anesthesia wasn't allowed for me, it really felt like hell no matter how high my pain tolerance was. When the anesthesia did kick in, I was already pushing on the delivery table. They told me your heart stopped for a second but I managed to push you out. And so you were born. My Draco.



          I want to tell you that I love you, have loved you and will love you for as long as I live. Both I and your Daddy love you to pieces. Yes, even on days when I want to pull out my hair in frustration. Yes, even when I shout at you for doing naughty things. Yes, even when I lack sleep that you have to sit on my chest to get me to set up your Chu Chu TV.  There will be trying days my son, very bad days, but remember that I am always here with you. There will be wonderous days my son, days that you'll pray will never end, and I will be cheering beside you. No matter what happens, I promise to be your best friend, your number one fan and your Mommy forever. Happy, happy 2nd birthday my darling baby boy.

To view last year's post, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...