Saturday, February 17, 2018

Conquering the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale

Conquering the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale





I have always had a love affair with books. It started when I was young, probably around 3 or 4 years old. My mom would read me fairy tales and I would ask her to read 2-3 books a night. When I was older, I graduated to pocketbooks like Sweet Valley or the Nancy Drew series or Goosebumps. It came to be that I could read 4-5 books a day and still read under the covers with a flashlight. This book bingeing continued well into high school, college and even when I started to work. Even now that I'm a mom, I am still an avid book reader and I am teaching my son to be a voracious reader like me.



I found out about the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and made sure to plan to go as early as my schedule would allow. My bookworm-in-training and my hubby would also be accompanying me making this a very educational weekend trip. The BBW Book Sale comes from Selangor, Malaysia in partnership with ABS-CBN and will be at the World Trade Center Manila from February 16-25, 2018. The best part is they are open 24 hours. Uhuh. You read that right. They are open from Feb 16 until Feb 25 and that's 231 hours access to 1.5 million discounted books. 



Speaking of discounts, they boast to have books discounted as low as 60-80% off! Such a huge markdown and they have lots of books for everyone in the family such as board books for kids, crafting books for moms, and graphic novels for dads. Plus admission is free! If that doesn't make you want to go then maybe the following pictures will:




























We spent roughly 3 hours at the BBW Book Sale. We arrived at 9 PM and left a little past 12 AM. Here are a few reminders and important information for those wanting to go:

  • wear comfy shoes and clothes
  • make sure to bring a small bag so you won't be hitting people with a huge backpack or shoulder bag
  • don't forget your wallet!
  • food and drinks are not allowed and there is no baggage area
  • there are pushcarts and hand-trolleys but they run out fast so be quick in snagging one
  • when you enter the hall, start from the right going to the left as the cashier and exit are located at the far left through another set of doors
  • there are bins where you can leave your chosen books if your pushcart is full and you want to go back for more
  • there is a sorting area near the cashier where you can dump the books you realize you don't want and pick up books others discarded
  • there is a priority lane for the elderly, pregnant, PWD and those with children
  • after check out, there are porters available to help carry your purchases out to your vehicle


Check out my family's purchases at the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale:









My family had such a blast at the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale! My feet hurt like crazy and the bookworm-in-training fell asleep so we had to call it a night. I would probably go back next weekend before they pack up to check if they have more books since the books I wanted for me were not available (books from Cassandra Clare, John Green and other fave authors of mine). A little birdie at the cashier told me that they might make this an annual event if the turnout was good and so far based on the number of people there it looks like a sure thing! You have over a week left to check them out, so what are you waiting for? Buy all the books!








WORLD TRADE CENTER
WTCMM Building, Gil Puyat Avenue Extension corner Diosdado Macapagal Blvd., Pasay City, Metro Manila 1300
24 HOURS A DAY, 231 HOURS NON-STOP!
(9AM, FEBRUARY 16 – 11:59PM, FEBRUARY 25)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...