Friday, March 2, 2018

Loving, Accepting and Pampering You: An Intimate Event

Loving, Accepting and Pampering You: An Intimate Event



There is this hidden gem of a salon in Makati called Elevation, named after the famous U2 song. A brainchild of 5 childhood friends turned businessmen, Elevation began in 2007 and aims to cater to the nearby exclusive villages such as DasmariƱas Village, Forbes Park, Urdaneta, San Lorenzo and Magallanes. Their clientele is mostly expats so their stylists are trained to handle both Asian and Caucasian hair. They have a variety of services and some of them include the Bosley product line.









Bosley is leading international brand regarding hair restoration and is available in over 40 countries. Bosley has been partners with Elevation Salon for 2 years now. Their products have initially been distributed to dermatologists only because they have oral supplements for the hair and minoxidil in the formulation. But they have started a hair care line that is solely for salon use. These products are organic and safe even for pregnant and lactating women. There was a small gathering to unveil them last February 28, 2018, at the Elevation Salon.






I am a working mom and have almost no time to pamper myself, so when I was invited for an exclusive morning of salon time, I went for it! I met with Carol Santos, Marketing Manager, and Toni Legare, Bosley Brand Manager, who showed me around Elevation Salon and set me on my path to beauty. Thomas Ellsworth, Head Stylist, also met with me to tell me the pampering routine I was to undergo. They checked my hair and concluded that though the color was beautiful, it was severely damaged and thin. With this diagnosis, I was told that I needed to undergo Microdermabrasion, put Strengthening Hair Mask on my damaged hair, and use a Volumizing & Thickening Nourishing Leave-In. All these plus a foot massage!





We started with the Bosley Renew Scalp Micro-Dermabrasion which is basically a facial for the scalp. This process removes dead skin and excess oil, and promotes regrowth and prevents hair fall. It contains Marula Oil aka "Africa's Miracle Oil", Burdock Root Oil and Argan Oil. Also found within the product is LifeXtend and ColorKeeper from Bosley. The product is brushed onto the hair and followed by an amazing head massage which actually removes the said dead skin and excess oil. The ingredients are all natural and as mentioned earlier, safe for pregnant women and diabetics. Microdermabrasion is also good for people with psoriasis as the treatment removes flakes and balances the PH of the scalp. I was told that it would take 6 treatments to fully normalize damaged hair but you can already see the change after 1 go.






The next part of my salon day was getting a hair mask. Bosley has two: a Strengthening Hair Masque and a Moisture Masque. The Moisture Masque was made for dull, dry and brittle hair to provide intense moisture and keep hair healthy, while the Strengthening Hair Masque helps prevent further hair fall and hair loss while adding moisture, strength, and volume to the hair. I was advised that due to the damage my hair has it would be advisable to get the Strengthening Hair Mask twice a month since the effects can be seen right after until 2 weeks.






After a quick rinse, my stylist Jose began to blow-dry my hair and created a soft fluffy cloud on my head. They ended with the Volumizing & Thickening Nourishing Leave-In which creates thicker and fuller hair. It has hydrolyzed vegetable proteins to help hair avoid tangles and creates shinier and smoother hair in seconds. Plus this product is alcohol-free and thermal-styling protective. A few spritz of this and I was all done. The foot massage by Nelda ended sometime in between transforming me from a bedraggled mom to a stylish power woman.







It felt so good to go out and have a salon day with some other busy women. I met some other moms and a few working ladies and we all had a good chat over the pamper sesh and late lunch. The food from the catering company called Cafe Ymari Food and Art was also divine. I would recommend going to Elevation Salon and trying other Bosley treatments and products especially if you're a very busy woman who has tended to neglect your hair. It may seem pricey, but in my honest opinion, our hair is our crowning glory and deserve every centavo it costs to keep it healthy. Us moms, especially, need to take better care of ourselves, and treating ourselves to a few hours in hair heaven is so worth it when it makes us happier and more excited to get back to the daily grind.












Elevation Salon
Address: 2295, Building 3, Jannov Plaza, Chino Roces Avenue, Makati, 1231 Metro Manila
Phone: (02) 830 3030



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...