Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Blink and Then Six

A Blink and Then Six

   
     I am writing this while my baby boy is nursing himself to sleep. It's 12:52 AM here and in a couple of hours he will be seven months old. Wait. That means he is 6 months old now and half a year of his life has already passed us by. Yes, I have his baby book. Yes, I have thousands of pictures in my phone and splattered all over social media. Yes, I know he looks bigger than when I saw him in the delivery room. But where did the time go?



     Countless nights of staying up passed by, he now sleeps through anything as long as he's beside me. He can no longer fit the table where we take his monthsary pictures. He now wants to play with the family dog. So many things have changed and I find myself at a loss. My boy is growing up. I thought I would have more time with him as a baby but I find that 24/7 is still not enough. I just sighed deeoly, I realize now that it's true, what all momsters out there must have realized before me.

     Cherish every single second of every day.

     Soon 6 months will be 6 years. Then 6 years will be 16. Soon he will not be a baby but a boy, then a young man, then an adult who will form a family of his own. I need to write this down to remind myself to cherish every moment I have with him. Every smile, every tear, every laugh, every scream. Soon the days of nappy changes will be gone. The bite marks and fingernail scratches on my breasts will heal. My back wont hurt from carrying him daily. No more sleeping in my arms til noon. In a blink he won't need me as much as he does now.



    He will always have me though. Forever and a day. I will always be mummy and he will always be my baby. With that thought I'll leave you all for a while and snuggle with my son. I'll kiss his sweet-smelling cheek and whisper "Sleep tight my darling, Mummy's got you and she won't ever let go."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...