Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Carrier Review: Love, Renshel's Kitty Steps

Carrier Review: Love, Renshel's Kitty Steps


     Love, Renshel is a local business that sells woven wraps and slings that are handwoven from Bangar, La Union by the women who produce the famous Inabel products. The owner, Jeannine Louise Cruz Arenas, makes sure that her wraps are affordable but still gorgeous, for example her Kitty Steps. Kitty Steps has black weft and rainbow warp with black border, and it showcases a cat's paw pattern. It has a width of 27 inches and the blend is 60% cotton and 40% linen, for a marshmallowy softness. Love, Renshel released two designs, Kitty Steps by Day and Kitty Steps at Night. You can check out Love, Renshel for yourself here.

Kitty Steps at Night


Kitty Steps by Day

     A friend loaned me her size 6 Kitty Steps at Night for a week and I took the time to test it extensively; I did as many carries with it as I could within the time I had it. Some of the carries I did were the following:
  • Front Wrap Cross Carry with shoulder flip
  • Poppin's Hip Carry
  • Double Hammock with Saltwater Finish
  • Rucksack Tied Tibetian
  • Half Jordan's Back Carry with Candy Cane Finish







     I found Kitty Steps as soft as it was marketed, but the blend made it very dense and heavy and I believe first-time wrappers may find it difficult to maneuver if they got a long wrap like the one I used. I've been using wraps for just over 2 months and I found Kitty Steps a tad too heavy to pass along my back but very supportive once I've managed. I just happened to sweat buckets afterwards so it's advisable to use this in a well-ventilated or air-conditioned room. After a wrap job we would stand in front of the fan for a while to cool down and then we're good to go places.

     Kitty Steps has a lot of sleepy dust. My son would fall asleep after 5-10 minutes in FWCC and stay asleep for hours afterwards. During back carries though he's wide awake since he can see a lot of sights, it's very easy to adjust this wrap to the correct height for back carries. I found it easy to breastfeed in FWCC and Poppins since the wrap is very soft and easy to slide along itself. The wrap is grippy enough that one knot will hold but slides beautifully on slipknots still.

     Kitty Steps is not diggy at all for me. As long as I spread the wrap properly and fix all the passes so they're smooth, I found no problems with it. The longest carry I did was 4 hours in FWCC. The shortest carry was 30 minutes in Poppins. I thoight the double knot behind my back would hurt once I leaned back in a chair but it didn't as Kitty Steps is really buttery soft. 

     We had a lot of fun playing with Kitty Steps for a week and were sad to see it go. I only have a shorty in my stash but now I'm looking to add a size 6 to it. I would recommend Kitty Steps for experienced wrappers and those in cool climates. The design really is very beautiful and would be a wonderful addition to any wrap stash, or carrier stash for the matter.  Kitty Steps is exactly what they say it is, a local wonder that is grippy and fluffy soft at the same time which makes it a delight to own. Meow meow indeed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...