Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Carrier Review: Bitybean

Carrier Review: Bitybean


     We've been using our Bitybean for the past 2 months and I can say that it's worth it. The Bitybean is an ultra compact carrier and can be stored away in it's pouch which is the size of a small water bottle. The Bitybean is from a local company in Vermont, USA and you can click here for more information.

     Bitybean is a lightweight carrier with little to no padding. The mesh panel is very airy but still supportive for my 7 month old tyke. The straps and waist belt are thin with little padding and they become a bit diggy after 2-3 hours of straight wearing. As a whole, it took about 5 hours of me carrying my boy for me to tap out. That was when he was about 6 kg in weight.



     When I bought Bitybean from Mommy's Litttle Boss last September, I had the option to buy a hood or waist extender which I declined. The carrier itself is priced at a bargain Php 2800 and I just didn't feel like the hood was worth an additional Php 750. But I sorely missed having a hood when I use the Bity for breastfeeding and when it's a cloudy night. Budget-wise, this is an excellent carrier especially since it's already safety tested and passed international standards.

       Bitybean is very easy to use. It works like a normal SSC. Clip on the waist belt, put one shoulder strap on, plonk in your tot, get the other shoulder strap on, lock the chest clip and adjust the PFAs. What I liked about it best were the leg locks that you can use to secure your baby in the carrier. The straps are easy to adjust, though they don't lock like other carriers do, they stay in place but still manage to slide smoothly when pulled.



     Front carries are very easy in the Bitybean but I found the back carries too low for my taste. I constantly needed to check my kid in the mirror while doing a back carry. When it comes to sleepy dust, it would take my tot about 15-20 minutes of being carried before it kicks in so for me that amounts to 75% sleepy dust only. I was told that we could go swimming in it but we haven't had the chance to try it in the pool or ocean yet. I look forward to taking Bity for a swim next summer.

     I can say that the past couple of months have been bearable with Bitybean's help. I would recommend this to Momsters out there who are looking for a cheap but reliable SSC. Parents who like no-frills carriers would love the bold solid colors Bitybean comes in. This would be the best for tropical climates such as the Philippines and short carries around town. For those sporty parents who loves swimming and hiking, this is the best carrier for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...