Thursday, November 26, 2015

Carrier Review: Lenny Lamb

Carrier Review: Lenny Lamb


     I have always been a fan of Lenny Lamb even when I was just starting to get into babywearing. The designs look so adorable and I loved the idea of wrap conversion. LL carriers have a special system of straps and buckles that can be adjusted for the perfect fit and I can attest to that. LL carriers are made in Poland and they produce wraps, mei tais, and stretchy slings aside from SSCs (soft structured carriers). The carriers have three-point safety buckles to prevent accidental opening, four-way adjustable shoulder straps, an adjustable hood that is connected to the contoured panel, and soft padded waist and shoulder straps for the user and leg padding for baby's comfort.


    Lenny Lamb carriers can be bought from local retailers which can be found here and here. It's just my good luck that a good friend of mine owned one and I was given the chance to test drive it, For the past week I had a baby-sized, 100% cotton jaquard-weaved wrap conversion Golden Princessa to carry my bub in, The baby size is good for 6-20 kilos and my baby is just 7 kilos but he is quite tall at over 55 cm. The panel is 40 cm in height and 35 cm in width and my baby can already sit with arms out and his knees are past the panels already so by next month I'm pretty sure he'd need a toddler-sized LL already.

     It's warm in a tropical country like ours, and it get's pretty hot when using LL without a fan for long. We would only use it when it was cool since when we tried using it in a park setting, both me and my baby were sweaty after an hour. The sleepy dust amount is in the middle of most SSCs and woven wraps, probably since this is a wrap conversion. What I loved most is how when my tyke is sleeping in LL, I can put the hood up and it only fractionally covers his face so he doesn't mind it as much, unlike with the other SSC hoods we have encountered, When I first put on LL, it felt very soft ans really molded onto my son's body, It feels very supportive until my son put his arms out and leaned back and made to topple over. After that I kept the hood clipped on the shoulder straps but lowered to just his neck as an added protection.My hubby tried using LL but said he preferred another type of carrier since LL was too soft for him.





     Back carries are easy with LL just like with other SSCs, but I find LL to be the easiest to adjust to the correct height. Likewise, LL is also the carrier I find easiest to breastfeed in. The buckles are really awesome, so easy to adjust and no sticking or unecessary locking while still holding onto position. The longest carry I did was 5 hours all in the front facing position, while I did an hour in a back carry. There wasn't any pain in the back or shoulders as long as I wore it correctly; waist belt wrapped around my true waist and tightened PFAs (perfect fit adjusters) so baby is kiss height, I found that if I didn't wear it right, there would be immediate discomfort in carrying so I just make the necessary adjustments and it's happy happy all around again.




     I would recommend Lenny Lamb for parents who want a very easy to use carrier and especially for breastfeeding moms. I give this twenty thumbs up in the name of breastfeeding moms. The price ranges from 7,500-10,500 Php so it's a bit steep if you have a tight budget, Better save up for it or ask your spouse to gift you this for Christmas. (LOL) But in my opinion, having this as a carrier is really nice and it really is a worthwhile investment. I would love to have one for myself, and here's to hoping to have one as a pressie this holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...