Thursday, November 5, 2015

Carrier Review: SaYa Baby Carrier

Carrier Review: SaYa Baby Carrier

     SaYa is a hybrid wrap type of carrier. It consists of 2 pieces of stretchy cloth connected in a way that once worn will support newborns to toddler. This brand is proudly Pinoy and their goal is a SaYa sling for every sanggol. There are two types of SaYa baby carrier: SSK (semi-stretch knit) and VTB (versatek blend). They also sell a Stabilizer which is a long piece of cloth to support bigger babies. You can learn more about SaYa here.

      I had the chance to use SaYa back when my tot was 3 months old. We had a SaYa VTB Oro and VTB Prism. The Oro was a size 2 and mostly used by my hubby and the Prism was a size 1 that only I used. The main difference I noticed between the 2 VTBs was that the plains were more stretchy and easy to wear than the prints.



   When using SaYa, we mainly did the Yakap position which is legs out instead of the Duyan position which is legs in. My tyke hated having his legs in and it was good that SaYa allowed little ones to have their legs out but still maintain the curved back that is important for infants. I found using this carrier very easy. Loop one sling around the waist, pull the other over your head, position the baby around the second sling and pull the first sling up to complete the support. Easy peasy.

       The SaYa sling is perfect for newborns because it gives the same impression of a mother's hug. I found it very freeing to use up until my boy reached 6 kg. Then I rarely used it since I felt I needed a Stabilizer which I also bought. With the Stabilizer I was able to feel more secure in carrying my baby since now there was support around the midsection instead of just on my shoulders.

          My family had a lot of good memories with SaYa. Ours had a lot of sleepy dust with it and could knock my boy out in about 10 mins of wearing him. I found SaYa to be the best carrier to breastfeed in from all the carriers I've had the chance to use. The stretch and bounce makes it easy for baby to latch on.



           I would recommend SaYa for families with newborns, and there are a lot of styles and designs that could be used by either a mom or dad. I would also recommend that those parents with curves or big builds buy in-store at Babyland so they can get the perfect fit for them and have the staff teach them how to put it on. Truly a "Happy to be in!" experience.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blog!
    do visit here for more info:
    Hoopa Baby

    ReplyDelete

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...