Saturday, November 7, 2015

Carrier Review: Tula Baby Carrier

Carrier Review: Tula Baby Carrier


     Tula Baby Carrier is one of the most popular and sought after carriers today. Ula and Mike, the couple behind this trendy carrier, stated that they had this made specifically for parents on the go. Trivia: The first ever Tula was made by their son's paternal grandmother. They also said that Tula is a father-friendly carrier. You can find local retailers of Tula here and here.

     I had the chance to try out a standard Tula that a friend of mine agreed to let go on a holiday with me. It was a Tula Fizz that was adorably in rainbow colors with grey trim. This wasn't the first time I used a soft structured carrier (SSC) but it was the first time my bub fell asleep in a carrier in less than 5 minutes. Now I'm not saying that that happened everytime we used Tula but that was certainly a great first impression.




     Tula has a tall and wide panel that curves to hold baby snugly. The waist belt is padded enough to hold baby's weight but without hurting the midsection from the pull of gravity. The shoulder straps were padded but the PFAs (Perfect Fit Adjusters) were a bit difficult to pull compared to the other SSCs I've tried but upon inspection, it was a safety feature of theirs. The chest clip is movable which is a good thing as you can decide for yourself how high or how low you want it. The hood is detachable and can be attached by the garterized strings looped within.

     We used Tula everyday for a week for a minimum of 3 hours. My back or waist never hurt at any time during any carry. It was very easy to put it on and take it off. Even hubby got in on the fun and tried out Tula. He said it was very comfortable to use for an SSC ( He likes wraps better).



      There were times when Tula made my tot go to sleep in less than 10 minutes and there were times when he would not fall asleep at all, so I'm 50/50 on the sleepy dust. It was warmer to use than the other carriers we were used to but nothing an electric fan or being in an air conditioned room could not fix. Back carries were also quicker this time around, but that may be because I'm used to back carries already.

      My experience with Tula was bittersweet. I really loved using it but I had to let it go. I'm not sure if we will purchase one for the family as this is a high-end carrier but we would love this as a gift. This woild be a great carrier for families with a big carrier budget or those who like a very easy to use SSC. With all the designs available there is surely a Tula for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys

Kids Will Go Bananas at Cheeky Monkeys  We recently heard about a new play place from my other mommy friends and decided to check...